Proposal : implement a fee for buybacks and burning mechanism on V2

Proposal : implement a fee for buybacks and burning mechanism on V2

Introduction :

A way to reward the majority of Lenfi holders is to implement an additional fee that applies only on interest for buying back Lenfi on open market and sending the bought Lenfi to a burn adress.

The idea is that by reducing the circulating supply, all the Lenfi holders benefit from the increase in value of the token resulting from the reduction in the supply of Lenfi token.

Reasons :

This feels like a more fair way to « distribute » value to all of the Lenfi holders without needing a staking mechanism that would benefit just a few, would increase the circulating supply and could result in a selling pressure from the stakers who are getting “free Lenfi tokens”.
The idea behind sending the bought Lenfi tokens to a burn adress and not the Treasury is to be sure that a futur vote would not make it possible to reintroduce the burned tokens into circulation.

Implementation :

The way to implement this is by applying a 2% fee on interest or 1.5 Ada minimum, in addtion of all the previously voted fees.

A 1.5 Ada fee should be payed , in Ada, by the borrower when taking any loan from any pool.
When repaying his loan, the borrower pays the difference beetween the 2% interest and the 1.5 Ada he already payed when he took the loan.

If the interest is paid in another CNT token, the difference he will pay for this fee is :
• ((CNT token price x price at the moment of settling the loan) -1.5 ADA) or zero if the value is negative.

If the interest is paid in Lenfi, the difference he will pay for this fee is :

• ((Lenfi price) x (price at the moment of settling the loan) - 1.5 Ada) or zero if the value is negative.
In this second case, the diffrence in Lenfi should be sent directly to the burning wallet.

The idea of paying 1.5 Ada when taking the loan is to bootstap the liquidity for this mechanism.

An exception to this should be : If a loan is liquidated, the remaining fee is canceled.

The interest payed in CNTs, other than Lenfi, should be sold every epoch on the open market in a way that the slipperage never goes over 2% per CNT.

The moment of selling the CNT on the open market should be chosen at random during the epoch, i propose different moments per different tokens in a way that the slipperage never goes over 2%
(multiply the number of transactions per token if quantity of tokens to sell makes the slipperage > 2%)

The moment of buying the Lenfi on the open market should be chosen at random during the epoch in a way that the slipperage never goes over 2%
(multiply the number of transactions per token if quantity of tokens to sell makes the slipperage > 2%)

The amount of LENFI bought should be sent to a burn adress.

This adress shouldn’t be accessible by anyone, including team members.

• Approve
  • Disapprove
  • Abstain
0 voters
4 Likes

ideally, LENFI value should be determined by protocol usage + speculation future value. At the moment the active loan is only ~1M ADA with TVL 12M ADA. Compare that with LENFI market cap, of course the LENFI price is bleeding (at the moment) is normal.

I don’t like the idea of using burning (scarce) strategy to increase value, it should be determined by protocol usage + speculation future value.

Buy back is ok, but burning (artificial scarce) is no no

3 Likes

Hi Tonny, thanks for the comment. As i tried to explain in the proposal, i proposed burning as a way not to introduce the Lenfi that were bought back in a future vote. Also i think that the rate of burning would be relatively small at the begining, so impact on price is minimal, but the more the protocol is used the more burning. The Dao could always vote to put Lenfi from treasury into circulation as a way to reduce burning for exemple. Thanks for taking the time to read the proposal

Not a fan of burning tokens. Add it to liquidity pools or something useful like that.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of people are not fans :joy: , but i don’t think that will have lots of burning, the idea was not to introduce the tokens in a future vote, if community wants more, they can vote for treasury funds to be allocated to whatever purpose, treasury has plenty of Lenfi.

It seems like if you separate the proposal into two parts - buyback and burn - it would garner positive votes vote buyback. What to do with the bought tokens could be discussed in a different proposal.

I believe token buybacks have been approved long ago. Only thing is we need enough ADA capital to start doing that on a regular basis. V1 was free (no protocol fees), hence why the buybacks haven’t been implemented earlier on. With V2, we have protocol fees and can earn interest fees if we deposit DAO-owned ADA. I think we should increase the protocol fees after some time to maximize profit and then start using a portion of it for buybacks.

2 Likes

instead of burning it could go to a permanent liquidity pool… thats locked forever, now thats deep liquidity