Proposal - Create an Official Lenfi DAO X Account & Designated Poster

SUMMARY

This governance proposal suggests creating an official Lenfi DAO X Account and appointing a designated poster to enhance Lenfi’s social media presence. The designated poster will share daily posts representing the Lenfi DAO, adhering to specific criteria such as professionalism, positive tone, and relevant content. Capped compensation will be provided from the DAO treasury based on post activity. The proposal also outlines the process for selecting the designated poster and emphasizes the core team’s authority to manage the account for the project’s best interests.

Description

• In order to increase Lenfi’s public-facing social media footprint and positively impact the Lenfi brand’s visibility, the core Lenfi team should establish a designated X account, possibly named LenfiOfficial_DAO.

• At least one person from the DAO should be designated as the account manager on a rotating basis. This individual should be granted access to the account solely for the purpose of posting on behalf of the Lenfi DAO, not the core Lenfi team, and not as a personal account but as a representative of the Lenfi DAO.

• The designated individual should commit to producing at least one post per day on X, adhering to predetermined criteria. They should also engage in re-posting and quote-posting content that highlights or features the Lenfi platform, the Lenfi DAO, and/or its features & services, as reasonably convenient.

• Criteria for a valid post should include:

a) Direct or indirect reference to Lenfi as the subject.
b) Professional, warm, welcoming, and informative tone, avoiding rudeness or negative sentiments.
c) Mentioning or referencing other projects only to highlight partnerships or positively focus on both Lenfi and the third party.
d) Inclusion of an image or video if possible and appropriate, providing context or visually enhancing the post.
e) Providing a link to additional resources for readers who wish to learn more, where applicable.

• The designated person should maintain a list of “canned” ready-to-go posts, perhaps stored in a channel on the discord server, including video tutorials, explainers, blog posts, etc., to educate the public about Lenfi and its prescribed use. These posts should be scheduled to prevent excessive repetition within a one-month period.

• The designated person must not use DMs on X; any DMs received should be forwarded to the core Lenfi team for review and response.

• The designation period should last 3 to 6 months to balance frequency of change and commitment. Every 3 to 6 months, a poll can be conducted in the DAO Discord channel to select the next designated person.

• The designated person should be selected by DAO vote? Selected by the Core team? (not sure about this one)

• The core team reserves the right to change or revoke the credentials to the DAO X Account, delete posts, etc., without the need for a vote, if they deem it necessary to protect the Lenfi brand’s public image.

• Proposed compensation: The designated person should receive compensation from the DAO treasury on a daily capped per-action basis, e.g., 1 Lenfi per post, with a maximum cap of 5 Lenfi per day, regardless of the number of posts. Compensation should be provided from the DAO treasury with payouts once every 3 epochs to reinforce the incentive mechanism frequently. The account itself, and the number of posts per day within a given epoch shall determine the amount of the payout, up to the maximum allowable.

10 Likes

Why not just make a “Lenfi Community” X account and do as you please?

Appointing yourself as the “voice” of the dao shows the actual intent in this proposal. As opposed to wanting the initiative you want the control. Why? Who are you? What credentials do you have to think yourself capable of fulfilling the role?

Not to mention the potential risk of the account being compromised by shared passwords etc.

There is no reason the team would endorse this account as they have no control over what is posted through it. You say they can delete content… how? In good faith that you would listen to what the team said? Shared passwords?

If this really is meant to be a “dao” X account the DAO should vote on every post thats made through it.

6 Likes

He didn’t say he was appointing himself the manager of the account

5 Likes

Then I’d say you havent actually read the proposal properly.

FYI its in the final bulletpoint.

4 Likes

Ok, fair points. We can remove the point about me being the first one. The point for that was not for me to appoint myself as much as it was for me to step up instead of just talk and expect someone else to do it.
Instead we could have the core team appoint, or perhaps have the core team provide a list of appointees acceptable to them that the DAO could vote on?

1 Like

How about if I remove that point and replace it with this:

• First proposed designated DAO X account manager to be appointed by the core team.

Again, the point for me was not to appoint myself, it was to not expect it to have to be someone else.

2 Likes

Ok, I will close for revision, and after discussion in discord we can agree together on the version to put to a vote again.

2 Likes

Let’s discuss it in discord, and consider a revised version for a new vote.

1 Like

I did propose that I be the first in a series of rotations that should last 3 to 6 months :smiley:
However, it’s not a sticking point for me. For me that was more about volunteering to be the one to do the first shift to start that ball rolling. If the proposal is more readily accepted with that point removed or modified I am happy to re-submit with it removed or modified.
I’ve closed the poll and will be asking for others to have a say about it’s re-submission, or re-formulation in the DAO discord.

having someone to keep the project investors updated once a week and also engage with twitter users often would be perfect thats all thats needed

1 Like

I have removed the poll for now, and made some edits about the first designated person to fill the proposed role.

this is the way! thx

Why not just make a “Lenfi Community” X account and do as you please?

• because part of the point is the account should be the account on X and other platforms that represents the DAO.

Appointing yourself as the “voice” of the dao shows the actual intent in this proposal. As opposed to wanting the initiative you want the control. Why? Who are you? What credentials do you have to think yourself capable of fulfilling the role?

• As I’ve said, I am happy to have it be a DAO vote that appoints someone, or someone appointed by the core team, or a list provided by the team that the DAO votes on, etc.
    My intent in “appointing myself” in the proposal was because I wanted to step up and play a role by being the first to fulfill the proposed role, not because I wanted control.

Not to mention the potential risk of the account being compromised by shared passwords etc. There is no reason the team would endorse this account as they have no control over what is posted through it. You say they can delete content… how? In good faith that you would listen to what the team said? Shared passwords?

• This is addressed by the DAO account, created by the core team, being a “teams” account. Read about how that works here - it is for this sort of activity I am proposing, where a core team retains control, but others can participate in creating content and posting etc.

I might be missing the need for this.

Many community members have taken it upon themselves to champion Lenfi on X and being members of the Dao, none of those members are less official than the other. Establishing an official voice for the Dao would change that.

It is also impossible for one poster to accurately speak for the broad range of ideas held by the community. Situations will undoubtedly arise where some community members agree with a post, while others are against it. Why open that can of worms?

Are there examples of other DAO’s who use an account to represent the DAO on X? Perhaps a couple examples to compare to would help?

helllooo sirs all we need is to add some funds to the team pot that the marketing guy in the team the core team just have to make sure he doing well