Proposal: Add cBTC as a borrow and collateral option

Proposal Description

We are proposing to add cBTC as a borrow and collateral option on Lenfi to bolster the Cardano community’s ability to facilitate loans with a 1:1 Bitcoin-backed asset.

Using cBTC on Lenfi allows anyone to make Bitcoin-based loans and then having the ability to turn the used cBTC into real BTC.

• Approve
  • Disapprove
0 voters

Short Summary

anetaBTC is a decentralized, secure protocol that allows users to unlock the value of their Bitcoin on Cardano.

We recently launched on mainnet and now have over 16 cBTC in the ecosystem while experiencing 0 glitches or security exploits.

Our smart contracts have been formally audited and we have begun our v2 development which intends to fully decentralize our protocol.

Motivation

We believe there is a harmonious overlap between the services of anetaBTC (cBTC) and Lenfi (lending) which allows any users across the globe to leverage their Bitcoin to make flexible financial decisions.

As Cardano DeFi grows, we believe cBTC can play a large role in facilitating many loans and see that Lenfi has the ability to make this a reality.

Typically, Lenfi encourages its community to only add a collateral option for assets if there is substantial liquidity, however, we believe that mostly applies to project tokens. In the case of cBTC, it is backed 1:1 for BTC, the most liquid crypto asset in existence.

References

https://anetabtc.io

47 Likes

Agree, this is business as usual.

12 Likes

Very good! CBTC will increase TVL for the Cardano ecosystem.

15 Likes

This is a natural fit! Let’s get this approved.

13 Likes

Fitting and beneficial for the ecosystem.

6 Likes

I agree. of course i do.

3 Likes

I concur!!! This proposal is suitable for voting. cBTC has potential to drive TVL to new heights.

5 Likes

cBTC will add in much more liquidity into the ecosystem. :sunglasses: let’s vote it up!

7 Likes

I hope it goes through

6 Likes

hay que meter a cbtc

7 Likes

Would be great to lend and borrow Bitcoin.

7 Likes

totally agree. let’s unlock the liquidity of BTC.

7 Likes

One of the most important things that can happen to Cardano and its defi, this will bring huge liquidity to the ecosystem

6 Likes

Love this proposal. BTC + Cardano = cBTC (anetaBTC)

2 Likes

cBTC is a necessary addition to LENFI.

2 Likes

Nice, it’s good start to add liquidity on cardano

2 Likes

Definatly a good idea

3 Likes

I Hope it gets approved :heart::heart:

1 Like

CBTC will give Bitcoin a new breath of life !

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Skylone join the vote!!!

1 Like